So I am incredibly touched and thankful, to not receive one award nomination – but two! I cannot describe how this newbie blogger feels at this moment, truly! Thank you SO much to Music Teacher Lifestyle for the Liebster Award and to When You Look for the Good for The Versatile Blogger Award. Both amazing blogs so please check them out soon!
So in an effort not to make my posts too long I am going to take these one at a time.
Liebster means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. The fact that Ioana would nominate me for this is the highest compliment from someone so special herself! So if you’re nominated this is what you have to do:
Liebster Award Rules:
- Thank your nominator.
- Share the award on your blog.
- Answer the 10 questions asked to you.
- Ask 10 questions to 10 new nominees (who have less than 300 followers).
- Notify them via social media.
My 10 answers:
- Who is your favorite author? Right now I would have to say Dan Millman, because I am eating up his wonderful books on finding purpose in life and they are SO good!
- How did you decide on your blog name? As I am on a journey of self discovery, I would have to say that I’m on a road that will eventually lead to that place where I can begin my story of making an impact on the world in my own way – using my talents, time, and treasures to achieve inner freedom – there.
- If you listen to music while blogging, what genre is your muse? When I write I listen to classical music actually. Sometimes some big band.
- Who is your biggest blog fan? I really don’t know this one. But if I had to say it would be Cameron at The Worlds Biggest Fridge Magnet, as he is a blogosphere friend who followed me first when I posted on my other blog that I had started this one too. And he is always ever encouraging, and inspiring in his own right.
- Why did you decide to blog? I felt a need to write, to journal, but I want to connect with others with better insights than my own. I want and hope to learn and make friendships that cross geography. It’s been a very wonderful experience and I wish I had started it sooner.
- What is your best piece of advice to anyone considering blogging? Absolutely do it. There’s nothing like it, it challenges you, connects you deeper with yourself, and the community is awesome!
- What is your goal for your blog in 2016? To write consistently, well, and to find my voice and path in life. I hope that I am closer to defining my goals and passions by the end of the year and be able to write about the experiences I have chasing those dreams.
- What is your favorite blog to read (besides your own)? Oh gosh, this is hard – I have so many favorites! I can’t just pick one, so see my nominees to give you just a hint at some of the wonderfulness. (I am going to try and make sure I don’t duplicate Ioana though. 🙂
- What is your favorite movie? It’s crazy, I’ve only seen it twice (I really need to order this one for my library) but Eat, Pray, Love has to be it. To throw everything in and just travel around the world soaking in the breath of this world…*sigh* maybe one day…
- If you could travel anywhere, where would you travel? Everywhere! But if I only got a chance to go to one place it would be Italy – I’ve always wanted to see it and experience the culture. Or Ireland…or Iceland…or London…or… Actually I want to be in TwoBrownFeet’s back-pack as they travel the world!
THE NOMINATIONS FOR BEST NEW BLOGS ARE:
- Big Bang Life As We See It
- Still Thinking
- The Turtle Way
- Ameena’s Musings
- Flash(y) Fiction Fanatic
- An Eye on The Coffee Pot
- Smile. Stength. Stretch.
- The Happy Soul Hub